Videographer (contract position)
Are you a passionate visual artist who uses video and photography to capture and tell stories? Are you a creative person seeking to try new things? We're changing the course of peoples lives through the delivery of non-traditional education and are seeking someone to help us capture these compelling moments through photography and videos.
- Launch Academy is seeking an experienced freelance videographer to capture and edit compelling visual stories.
- You will work with our content marketing team to film our students and engineers in multiple settings including our learning floor, events and educational programming projects.
- Engage regularly with students, our teaching engineers, and hiring partner companies to produce custom videos.
- Traditional education is broken and we are creating alternative options for people who want to learn the craft of web development and obtain a job as an entry level software engineer.
- We've graduated and placed over 500 people to date but we have a long way to go to make a substantial impact. Each one of these graduates has a unique story and you can help us tell it to the world.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/ video) content to communicate consumer/ program stories across brand channels, including social media, site, blog and other channels.
- Attend our various events to capture stories and produce marketing video/ photo assets
- Produce special projects from time-to-time including live streaming events and short learn-to-program videos.
- Film and edit educational video content purposed for our curriculum.
- Chose music, SFX, and sound bytes
- Implement creative decision making in videos and photography
What We're Looking For
- You have significant videography experience and are a highly creative visual storyteller with a strategic understanding of business and customer goals
- Extensive knowledge of cameras, lighting, composition and photo styling
- Basic graphic design skills (image resizing, design/ text layout) are required
- Strong knowledge of post-production video and photography
- Must own a Mac
- Must have a reel or portfolio of work to demonstrate skills and abilities
Why Launch Academy?
- We are a community of engineers, educators, career assisters, marketers and dreamers who are committed to understanding the unique needs and viewpoints of prospective students and hiring companies.
- Being a contractual contributor to our team at Launch Academy allows you to share your passion for visual story telling with aspiring developers alongside a team of capable and ambitious peers.
- We're committed to iteratively designing a transparent, inclusive and premium learning and working experience.