Sr. Software Engineer, International Product
Our CarGurus Engineering team for International Product development; has built CarGurus.com sites in Canada, UK, and now Germany. We are working on several new countries (Spain, Italy and France). Over the next year, we will continue to expand into additional countries and markets. The team creates platforms, new features, new products, internationalization/ localization and maintains our current international sites. We have several other teams within engineering that International Products actively collaborates with such as; Consumer (B2C), Dealer (B2B) and Analytics (Data Science/ATA).
We face a diverse range of challenges as we internationalize CarGurus.com. The infrastructure that supports car shopping and selling is different in many countries. This role is instrumental in helping CarGurus.com drive towards modernizing and creating the most trusted global car marketplace one country at a time.
What we are looking for:
- Full-stack engineering experience and some architecture knowledge (4+ years or more).
- Expertise with Java, JEE (J2EE), MySQL (We are open to Python or other OOP languages)
- Experience in building scalable websites (e-commerce, internet) or large scale applications.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Knows Datastructures and Algorithms.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Has worked with A/B Testing methods. Understands how to view data.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with other departments.
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Strong with OOP and OOD.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
How do we do it?
Through great team collaboration and working with smart people. The team utilizes data to gain insights that help drive our development. We love to do A/B Testing! When you develop a product, or feature you know it will be a success. As an engineer, you will develop and iterate daily. Our team has the autonomy to work with other departments, define requirements and build features or products the best way you know how!