Sr. HR Business Partner
CarGurus is looking for an exceptional Sr. HR Business Partner to join us as part of our People & Talent team. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. You will provide HR support to our Engineering, Product and G&A teams on a variety of HR-related matters including, but not limited to: manager coaching, team mentoring, talent management, performance management, and conflict resolution. It’s an exciting time to join CarGurus and the People & Talent team!
- Successfully operate as an HR and employment law consultant to the business.
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Proactively utilize people trends to develop, implement and manage HR training, projects and programs.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relation issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Actively identify gaps, and deploy impactful people strategies that enable the organization to mitigate risk, perform effectively, and scale efficiently as it grows.
- Play a key role in working with managers on change management and talent management initiatives.
- Provoke positive changes in people management by coaching and encouraging effective feedback loops between employees and managers.
- Positively collaborate across peer groups - specifically, individuals within Recruiting, Training and Finance to optimize the acquisition, integration and development of CarGurus talent and achieve company goals.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Ability to track and report on key HR metrics.
- 3-5 years of generalist Human Resources experience in a fast-paced work environment; experience in a global high-growth technology company preferred
- Prior experience supporting an internal technology team (Engineering & Product), preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking and effective project management
- Solid foundation of US employment law and ability to apply this effectively as a trusted HR advisor a fast paced culture
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and growth
- Ability to exercise sound and efficient judgement when managing complex decisions
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and influence a variety of work styles and personalities
- Experience with Workday, preferred
- Bachelor's degree