Sr. Automation Architect
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Automation Architect to expand our new Continuous Integration platform. Your work will be the catalyst that brings transparency to the car industry and a game changer in a consumers next car buying experience. CarGurus is a multi-tiered, multi-threaded environment scaling internationally. We have products ranging from highly complex algorithms to our clean UI framework. The team is highly collaborative and autonomous in nature. This role will help us continue to produce great code in a timely and diligent manner.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Automation Architect will be responsible for the development and release of our platform for highly effective test automation. Currently we are running Jenkins, Selenium (Sauce Labs) and utilize JUnit for our Java platforms and RSpec for our Ruby platforms. You will collaborate with engineering on enhancing our continuous integration environment that will find system issues with minimal false positives. Also, you will develop automated test frameworks, testing methodologies to meet our needs with respect to performance, scalability and other goals. This is a hands-on role and will become heavily automated over time as you help build out our platform. On a day to day basis you will work closely with all aspects of Engineering and DevOps. The Senior Automation Architect will maintain and enhance a highly functional automated pipeline and will develop the reporting with detailed results and solutions. You will focus on system level testing and using analytics to find issues.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of Automation and Continuous Integration/Delivery architecture (Jenkins, Rundeck or related technologies)
- You have experience with QA Testing methodologies, platforms and technologies
- You have a deep knowledge of testing of web based applications
- You are highly analytical, proactive and detail oriented
- Experience with Java, Maven, Ruby, Bash and Shell or related technologies
- Experience coding effective, maintainable JUnit and Selenium tests
- Solid knowledge of cloud based/virtual testing
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Implement and monitor continuous testing of builds to monitor application code changes and automation breakage