Software Engineer in Test (SET)
Who We Are
We deliver solutions, not features. We believe our customers deserve to get the best quality product possible. We strive to achieve high levels of innovation and agility while maintaining best-in-class performance of our products and services.
Pixability is a video advertising technology company that helps media professionals deliver revolutionary campaign performance across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Our award-winning solution empowers advertisers to activate video at every stage in the consumer journey in order to deliver impactful business results. We’re honored to be featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Adweek, Digiday and other leading business and advertising publications. We’re known for our results, innovation, and especially our culture.
Did we mention? In 2016 alone, Pixability was named Boston Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Company, BostInno’s Coolest Companies, Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor in Social Marketing’, and was a finalist for MITX’s Most Innovative Ad Technology.
Why you want to work here:
- Emphasis on work/life balance - Seriously
- In office massage therapist - No, seriously
- Group yoga and boxing - Get your zen on in & out of the ring
- Unlimited vacation policy - Wait, we probably should have put this one first
- Quarterly volunteering events - Giving back is good for the soul
- Weekly happy hours & catered lunches - Probably why we exercise
- Hackathons - Now's your chance to build that giant account-managing robot
- Relaxed dress code - Let your freak flag fly
Who You Are
An eager, aspiring Software Engineer in Test who loves all things startup. Do you excel in a fast paced, goal-oriented, fun environment? The ideal candidate is passionate about working with large data set, continuously learning and honing their craft. This person gets excited when they hear the phrase “Big Data”.
What You’ll Do
Pixability uses its big data platform to analyze and optimize ad campaigns for advertisers looking to accomplish their marketing goals on the world's top premium video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. You will be tasked with building out our automation framework from scratch, so having some experience with automation will be critical, as the rest of the team is strictly performing manual testing. This position reports to the Director, QA, but will also collaborate with VP, Engineering to build this framework. Pixability is a cloud based shop utilizing many cutting edge technologies such as Docker, microservices, Big Data columnar, document and key stores and more. You will also:
- Design and build from scratch the new end-to-end test automation framework using Robot, Nightwatch.js or another technology stack
- Implement automated tests for a highly scalable and distributed data analytics system
- Analyze User Stories and create testing strategies to optimize manual, tool-assisted, and fully automated tests
- Work closely with the SCRUM teams to test new functionality, review unit test development, and ensure testable interfaces are provided for new features
- Collaborate and understand the needs of the QA team to automate the manual steps
- Getting the team jazzed about building something new and cool
- Educate the SCRUM teams on how they can contribute to the overall framework and in addition build their own test cases
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math discipline, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience integrating with APIs, databases, and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with any kind of open source test framework is a HUGE plus (including straight Selenium)
- Strong programming experience with Python in a professional setting
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment where you will be expected to hit, and exceed, goals
- Excellent listening and teamwork skills
The QA Team
We love breaking things and development runs in our veins. We are a cross functional team in engineering with a focus on quality and automation. Whether we’re manually testing stories within the sprint cycle, or automating and maintaining our regression test suite, or building out a test framework, our team is tasked with ensuring quality within, and across, our Scrum teams. Every month we show off the key features we’ve built to the whole company. Our goal is to continue to innovate quickly while maintaining the highest levels of quality.
Local candidates only; no relocation available for this role.
Pixability does not pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third party agencies.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Pixability is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.