Why this role is Awesome:
You will use your analytical and data talents to improve Search Engine Optimization for TripAdvisor websites.
TripAdvisor is growing its world class SEO team. This role will be responsible for helping drive business decisions for SEO through careful research, analysis and evaluation of our current sites and proposed projects. The ideal candidate truly enjoys working with numbers, large volumes of data, and is a natural problem-solver. The ideal candidate enjoys exploring database tables and using data to make a business case clearly and convincingly.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions. We take pride in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and are looking for a data rock star to add to our high-performing team.
What Will You Learn?
- SEO: You will learn how to optimize our site to improve our reach on Google and Bing. You will track traffic patterns, research keywords users are searching for, and analyze Year over Year data to determine how to make our pages rank higher on Google’s Search Results Page
- Travel Industry: While your goal will be to increase SEO traffic to TripAdvisor, you will get the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the Travel Industry (e.g. Competitor Analysis, Top Destinations by Market, etc.) You will then leverage your findings to optimize our site to reflect market demand.
- Other Skills: At TripAdvisor, we emphasize quantitative analysis and thorough experimentation. You will learn how to gather the preliminary data to build an experiment and how to subsequently analyze these results. We move quickly! Within weeks you will be writing specs, running tests, analyzing results, and making decisions that have real effects on revenue and profit for the company.
Why Work Here?
- Start-up Atmosphere with a Big Name Brand: At TripAdvisor you get all the pros of being at a start-up, while enjoying the resources of a global powerhouse. TripAdvisor features a casual work atmosphere, free lunch 5 days a week, a game room that includes ping pong and pool tables, and our full on-site gym.
- We don’t Bite: We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, flat organization. Questions are always welcome and everyone is very approachable. It is our goal for you to always feel like part of the team.
- We Love our Work: Don’t you want to work at a company where everyone is passionate about what they do? We love what we do and we want you to love it as well.
What Are We Looking For?
- Academics: Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, or Math. Other majors are welcome to apply, but please emphasize your quantitative skills in your cover letter.
- Strong Analytical & Data Skills: You enjoy working with data and spreadsheets and are comfortable with math. You must be very comfortable with SQL and Excel and be eager to get better. Vlookups, Pivot Tables, If Statements, etc. are part of your daily life so learn to love them!
- Professional Experience: 2 – 3 Years of experience in an analytical, data driven role (e.g. Consulting, Finance, Marketing Analytics, etc.)
- Tech / web-savvy: You have a natural curiosity about web companies, new start-ups, and the travel world. Existing knowledge of SEO, SEM and HTML is also a plus, but not a requirement. If you’ve built your own website and tried to make it rank on Google – that’s even better!
- Striving to Get Better: We expect you to be smart, hard-working, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated. You should constantly be looking for ways to improve on your skills and look for ways to add value to the team.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***