Senior Tax Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Tax Director, the Senior Tax Analyst will assist the tax department in all tax functions as needed, primarily tax accounting and compliance.
- Assist team in preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740 (formerly FAS109) calculations and related workpapers, and respond to inquiries of such from outside audit firm.
- Work with accounting and financial planning and analysis group to gather data, prepare workpapers, and various account analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of the federal and state income tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state tax estimates and extensions.
- Prepare the annual charitable foundation tax return and assist our philanthropy and inclusion team with questions.
- Assist with other ad hoc domestic or foreign compliance or planning projects as they arise such as mergers and acquisitions.
- 3 to 5 years of corporate tax experience in public accounting or industry
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting preferred), CPA or advanced degree a plus
- Experience with ASC 740 (formerly FAS109 or equivalent) and corporate tax return preparation
- Team player who isn’t afraid to collaborate with others.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- High-level of energy, enthusiasm, and desire to grow your career
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***