Senior Staff Accountant
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in- one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the accounting manager and assist in the accounting operations of the company by helping to streamline vital accounting practices. This person will also work closely with the sales team to report and communicate commissions as well as help develop and uphold compensation plans. We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate with a broad understanding of accounting and finance functions.
- Prepare and communicate monthly sales commission reports, accruals, and payfiles
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll and bank Reconciliations
- Review and analyze new hire compensation agreements to ensure accuracy
- Assist with month-end close process - including inventory accounting and revenue variance analysis between ERP, CRM, and proprietary billing systems
- Document current and ongoing commission accounting processes, policies, procedures, and technological developments; understand data flow and system architecture
- Research and give recommendations for ASC 606 compliance as related to commissions and revenue recognition
- Various accounting and finance responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- MBA and/or CPA with Big four experience a plus
- Experience with revenue accounting at a high–growth technology company
- 4+ years’ accounting and/or finance experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to self-start programs or indicatives
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite (or another ERP) preferred
- Expert MS Excel skills - VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros etc
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP & Rev Rec concepts
- Experience with accounting / billing at a SaaS company
- Experience with accounting for physical inventory and RMAs Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software