Senior Product Manager, Display Advertising
Are you looking to join the Product Management team at a dynamic and fast-paced tech company? CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager of Display Advertising who will report directly to the Director of Dealer Product and focus on helping to drive growth and innovation with CarGurus’ rapidly-growing display advertising business. The Product “Guru” will work closely with sales/marketing, ad operations and CarGurus’ dealer base to identify the highest potential product improvements as well as major new categories of display advertising products for the company, and then collaborate with engineering to bring ideas to fruition. The role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.
- Gain a deep understanding of our existing display advertising business and technical infrastructure, in order to identify issues and areas for improvement
- Work closely with sales, marketing and ad ops to collect, vet, and prioritize ideas for potential product enhancements to CarGurus’ display advertising product set
- Solicit input from dealers via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Evaluate competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to determine the best way for CarGurus to bring new ad products to market
- Analyze data on product usage and performance to optimize and enhance our display advertising business
- Collaborate cross-functionally to roll out new products and initiatives, working closely with employees from across the organization to ensure success growth and profitability for the business.
- 5 -10 years of professional product management or display advertising work experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Some level of Product management or display advertising experience is required: ideal candidates could have work experience at technology companies, publishers, media firms, consulting companies, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment