Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing
Are you looking to join the Product Management team at a dynamic and fast-paced tech company? CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to lead our product efforts on our newest offering to dealerships: a Digital Marketing solution. This product is the most requested new product from our customer base and will be built from the leadership position CarGurus has attained in this arena for its own site, the #1 auto shopping site in the U.S.
This Senior Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Dealer Product and will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, the leadership team and CarGurus’ dealer base to understand customer needs, prioritize improvements and new features, improve performance, and build the top Dealer Digital Marketing solution in the market. The role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.
- Become an expert on Search Engine Marketing, Retargeting, Facebook, and the Dealer Digital market opportunity, gaining a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing models, product requirements, and successful strategies that CarGurus can implement.
- Define and drive the Digital Marketing product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing to guide development and messaging of this new product
- Solicit input from dealers via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Evaluate competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to determine the best way for CarGurus to bring this new solution to market
- Lead rollout of the beta version of the product, feature upgrades, and eventually the full release
- Analyze data on product usage and performance, and join sales and customer support calls to listen to live feedback, taking that information back to optimize and enhance our new product
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, with company senior management to define strategy, work plans and results of new product initiative
- 5 -10 years of professional product management experience desired, familiarity with Digital marketing or online advertising is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal teams and adapt to different work styles and personality types
- Good sense of humor and a passion for working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment