Senior and Principal Full-Stack Software Engineer
The health care system isn’t doing enough for patients. But you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to: share their health data, to track their progress, to help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they're helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. We’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people for a well-funded organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
We’re looking for new Senior and Principal level Full-Stack Engineers to join the team. Our Engineers work collaboratively together and with our UX Designers and Product Managers to deliver web applications to enhance the lives of our patients and health research.
We use Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, and Java. Experience with Rails and PostgreSQL is desirable but familiarity with other object-oriented web frameworks (e.g. Django) and databases (MySQL, Oracle) is fine too. For our senior positions, experience beyond coding, such as working with internal or external customers or leadership is a plus.
More about what you’ll do in these roles:
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Work on both front and back-end code
- Discuss product requirements with others, both inside and outside of engineering
- Principal Engineers
- Are part of the Platform team which sets the technical direction for PLM and is involved in all high level architectural decisions
- We believe in on-boarding slowly. But once you're up to speed, you will be expected to be a technical/project lead for an engineering team. (These teams can range from 1 to 7 engineers)
More about what we’re looking for:
- 5 - 8+ years developing web applications
- Experience with object-oriented languages (Ruby, Python)
- Experience designing database schemas and writing queries (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience working with software teams and using source control. We use Git.
- Principal Engineers should have previous experience being a manager, tech lead, or team lead
- Team player, ability to teach as well as learn. We really like working together. No jerks, please.