About the Sales Engineer Position
Verndale lives at the intersection of cutting-edge digital marketing technology and award-winning user experience. Our goal is to use that knowledge to benefit all of our clients. The Sales Engineer helps drive the technical solutions needed to win our most complex and strategic engagements. He or she helps early on in the sales process setting up what the overall high level architecture will look like for large scale, client projects. He or she will be responsible for determining our clients’ technical needs and priorities, crafting technical solutions responsive to those needs, and leading the delivery of our written and oral technical proposals. The main responsibility of the Sales Engineer is to work with our Sales team and potential clients during presales to assist Verndale in obtaining new clients. Success will be measured by sales support and sales influence.
- Partner with Sales Executives and Account Directors to provide technical presentation and presales consultation
- Collect all relevant information from clients and potential clients and create write-ups with recommendations
- Lead the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges and then translate them into effective software solutions.
- lead the delivery of our written and oral technical proposals
- Work closely with our sales team, clients and partners to take ownership of the technical aspect of the engagement
- Advise/design solution architecture
- Conduct demonstrations and lead proofs-of-concept
- Work with Solution Architect to ensure projects smoothly transition
- Attend conferences, gather info and insights and deliver content back to organization
- Responsible for some coding for POC’s
- Content generation
- Thought Leadership
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent presentation skills written, oral, and in person
- Ability to interface with client project management and executive staff
- Understand and present the technical procedures required to implement the technologies, best practices, align solutions with business needs and assist with the creation of the vision
- Extensive engineering experience, including .NET C# and MVC
- 5 + years Sitecore experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Capable of understanding new technology quickly, especially involving third party integration (apis, web services, etc.)
- Some experience diagramming an ecosystem that includes applications, servers, deployment workflow, etc.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
1. Rapid growth company of 19 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Open Door policy company wide
6. Company that values collaboration and communication
7. Free lunch Fridays at noon
8. Drinks at 3pm
9. Flexible schedule options to support work/life integration
10. Nine company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Verndale is the marketing technology agency that brands call when they want to connect with their customers in a more meaningful way. It designs, builds and evolves brand experiences that mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies use to bring their products and services to life for their always-on customers.
Verndale offers unparalleled strategy, experience design, technology and post-launch managed services. With an all-star team made up of pure technologists and digital, brand and creative pioneers, Verndale understands the operational, organizational and technological demands posed on an enterprise that wants to extend sophisticated, connected experiences to their customers. It can work across centralized and siloed business units in a brand to create a cohesive front to back-end strategy that both technology and marketing leaders love, while extending and maintaining engaging experiences that the brand's customers will also love.
One of the largest independent agencies in the industry, Verndale is headquartered in Boston and has five offices across the United States. Global operations in Quito, Ecuador and Bangalore, India power Verndale's global delivery model, which provides application efficiency, stability and value to its customers.
Lean more about Verndale at www.verndale.com.
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.