Regional Sales Manager (Boston)
Delphix is seeking seeks to hire a seasoned and accomplished sales executive, to assist in building the company’s new market/business. For focused individuals who thrive in an environment of change and who have demonstrated a highly successful sales track record, this position provides high visibility, and extraordinary financial rewards. While the focus is on sales in the enterprise market, this individual will also be responsible for continuing the strategy of developing and partnering with the major software vendors; system integrators and value added resellers. Delphix believes building a strong partner eco-system will be the key in developing a successful business.
While Delphix seeks an independent, autonomous and creative performer, this individual must also be a team player who can successfully partner with the already existing and dedicated marketing, sales development and pre-sales support. This sales executive will be responsible for coordinating all corporate and third party resources to support the sales effort and to provide customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is imperative in a subscription licensing business.
Regional Sales Manager Responsibilities and Selection Criteria:
- 7 + years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience.
- Knowledge of the territory in particular fortune/enterprise accounts
- Prospecting to enterprise companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, social media etc.
- Leverage Sales Development Managers to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas or vertical markets.
- Proven track record on closing seven figure transactions.
- Proven history of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills.
- Comfort with an enterprise, transactional and subscription licensing sales models
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level.
- Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships.
- Technical acumen but with the ability to relate it with business value.
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using salesforce.com.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Delphix products
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- High intellect and the capacity to multitask.
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills.
- Strong writing and language skills
- Bachelors degree or higher.
Delphix has a powerful and palpable culture. It is egalitarian meritocracy where people are encouraged to both listen and to express their opinions. While clearly focused on the customer, there is a commitment to diversity and the benefits that come with a multinational workforce and orientation. Individuals work hard but their efforts are rewarded financially and from career perspective. Adherence to ethical conduct and consistently high integrity behaviors are the rule.
- Passion for technology, startups, education and helping customers succeed.
- Detailed, organized and results oriented
- A highly consultative and customer-centric sales professional with superb interpersonal, communications and closing skills
- Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level
- High level of ethical behavior
- A creative thinker whose not afraid to share ideas and give (and receive) both positive and negative feedback
- A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions balanced with good business judgment and instincts
- Work well within a team environment
- Sophistication regarding multicultural issues
- The desire for a long term opportunity to further develop his/her sales management career by making an ongoing contribution to a growing software company.
- Strong work ethic.
This person will be compensated with a base salary, commission and incentive stock options. In addition to this highly competitive compensation package, this person will participate in Delphix’s medical and benefits program. Compensation and incentive stock options will be competitive and commensurate with the experience level of the individual.
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.