AppNeta is a fast-growing, international technology startup that has achieved 100% year-over-year sales growth and is poised to take advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $3.5B in 2017. AppNeta has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list four years running, and has won numerous awards in the Boston market, including BBJ’s Best Places to Work and BostInno’s Coolest Companies.
Location: Vancouver, BC
AppNeta is looking for a passionate Product Manager to play a key role in evolving and expanding our proactive end user performance monitoring solutions for any application, network, data center or cloud. As a key member of the product management team, you will have the opportunity to understand deeply our customers’ needs and execute that vision by building a world-class service that delivers a wonderful customer experience.
As you refine the vision for our world class service, you will communicate that vision to development, executing it through a successful launch. You will have a critical role in working with our product-marketing, marketing and sales organizations to socialize your vision throughout the organization, ensuring the value that our service provides our customers is understood throughout the go-to-market planning and execution.
- Be a fully engaged product owner, from ideation, development, and through the launch of innovative capabilities;
- Regularly meet with customers face to face and via remote collaboration to understand customer needs and drive product definition and positioning;
- Engage directly and regularly with customers to gain in-depth understanding of their business processes and product needs;
- Contribute to a long term product vision, help define and communicate the roadmap both internally and to customers;
- Partner with front end designers to optimize the overall experience of the service;
- Define and analyze metrics that ensure the success of product/feature;
- Validate requirements and resulting product with customers and customer success team to ensure value delivery to the customer;
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to support creation of customer driven messaging, sales enablement tools and thought leadership materials to execute the go-to-market strategy;
- Continually engage with customers with the goal of developing product champions;
- Perform competitive analysis and market research for internal training and go-to-market planning.
- 3+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities for network, data visualization, or performance monitoring products;
- Solid knowledge of network technologies;
- Bachelor's of Engineering, BA/BS in Computer Science or related field;
- Solid experience with iterative product development methodologies, such as agile and/or scrum;
- Experienced with web technologies, cloud, and mobile;
- Familiarity with the environments and needs of medium and large enterprise customers;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Solid business intelligence, data analytics or data visualization experience;
- Recent hands-on experience running or developing a Cloud or SaaS-based offering, ideally targeted at enterprises;
- Startup experience is a plus!
The Product Manager role is a salaried, management position and includes occasional travel to visit customers, prospects and attend industry events.
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta’s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work-hard, play-hard culture. We offer everything from catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and generous maternity/paternity leave, and we pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment in both our locations. For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits, check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/.
About AppNeta’s office locations:
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation District, AppNeta’s Boston office is home to our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product and G&A teams.
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNeta’s Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams.