TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented iOS software engineer for the Restaurants team. We have 3+ million places to eat worldwide that are listed on the site, and you will have a unique opportunity to help millions of travelers and locals find restaurants that fit their needs! You will take the lead on key technical features, help others in the team with the harder problems, work closely with product management on specs. We iterate and deploy code fast, and everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
We are working on interesting problems that engage both the technical and aesthetic sides of the brain. We move quickly - projects are short (generally 3-7 days), and we have a new native release every 2 weeks. The features you create will be used by millions of people every day. TripAdvisor is well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization - you'll be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company. Download our iOS app and give it a spin.
- Responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Develop, deploy and maintain the consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor native iOS App
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Ownership for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of iOS experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and databases
- Excellent iOS and Swift programming skills
- Understanding of design and implementation challenges/opportunities of mobile devices
- Experience shipping mobile products at scale
- Familiarity with iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON