Freelance Hair and Makeup Artist
What Rue is Up To?
Rue La La caused a groundbreaking disruption to the retail market in 2008 that has created an indisputable new and huge white space for online commerce. Based on a flash sales concept highlighting 2,000+ premium brands, Rue has successfully brought together three formerly disparate elements––merchandising, marketing and technology––in a completely novel way, catapulting growth to 15+ million members who generated ~ $400 million in gross revenues in 2014. Coupled with extraordinary leadership, a values-based culture, and a drive to be the innovator in all respects, from marketing techniques to online boutique themes to using our platform as a means for change in addition to commerce, Rue has emerged as the leading force in the premium/luxury component of the market.
And we are still just beginning.
Title: Hair / Makeup Artist - Freelance
Purpose and Scope:
The Hair / Makeup Artist will have the primary responsibility of styling all models hair and makeup for editorial photo shoots. They will work closely with AD’s, stylists, photographers, and models. This will be a freelance position working Monday – Friday on an as needed basis. Hours will be approximately 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The freelance Hair /Makeup Artist will report to the Director of Styling and Brand Production.
- Must be skilled n both hair and makeup styling
- Must be able to execute 12+ varying hair and make-up looks in an 8 hour shoot day on one model
- Must be able to follow creative direction and execute each HMU look in a timely manner
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years of editorial hair and make-up experience
- Online portfolio that accurately represents knowledge of hair / makeup styling skills
- Must be current on hair and makeup trends
- Must have hair and make-up kit
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
IT IS UNLAWFUL IN MASSACHUSETTS TO REQUIRE OR ADMINISTER A LIE DETECTOR TEST AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.