Field Account Manager
The aim and role of a Field Account Manager is to combine (1) the onboarding and training associated with bringing a new account to succeed with (2) ensure that both new and existing accounts are getting great value from our service, see us as a valuable partner, and understand if/where our tools may help make them more successful. Additionally, a sales-forward attitude, and a high level of professionalism, assertiveness, and persuasion are required to communicate with and engage the Field designated segment of CarGurus’ client base.
- Assume responsibility for designated CarGurus Field client accounts including:
- Analyze a dealer’s performance and consult on improving lead flow/exposure on our site to secure a long-term relationship
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Complete “on-boarding” of new dealers to establish relationship with CarGurus
- Proactively consult with dealerships solving issues and addressing questions
- Escalate issues to other departments when necessary
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- While not necessarily the primary owner of the actions, this person will, when appropriate, follow-up on technical, billing, and content issues with customer.
- Advanced collaboration with internal departments (sales, billing, content, and engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
- Establish strong relationships with Field Sales Directors and serve as in-office advocates when needed for field sales team cross-departmentally.
- Establish strong relationships with large decision makers within client base to foster client satisfaction and trust
- Finding opportunities to further sell client-base and work with Field Sales Directors to cross-sell when possible/applicable.
In summary Field Account Manager will perform the key tasks on a daily basis to maximize the overall level of client satisfaction. From initial onboarding through steady-state proactive and strategic support, Field CSS will serve as the ‘face’ of CarGurus to customers on the post-sale partnership.
To ensure the best customer experience combined with ongoing business requirements, Field Sales reps will tightly partner with their Field Customer Success counterparts to create a seamless spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. Field Account Manager will engage their Field Sales partners to address any business-related challenges or opportunities that arise. Field Sales reps will support Field CSSs by making the necessary introductions and providing the necessary account and relationship background to ensure success.