Engineering Facilities Manager
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our engineering team needs the Formlabs office and engineering workshop (14,000 of 28,000 square feet) operating smoothly at all times. Our Operations team is looking for an organizational rock-star who can not only grow with our office, our team, and our operational needs, but also help create a space that drives creative engineering and design.
We’re looking for someone with high-level execution and project management skills, as well as a never-ending willingness to jump in and get their hands dirty. If you are highly motivated and organized, love supporting a diverse engineering team in accomplishing great things, and are up for the challenge, we want you to join us as our Engineering Facilities Manager and help us grow.
- Manage a diverse range of engineering spaces, including our prototyping shop
- Play key liaison between our Operations team, engineers and outside vendors
- Implement your knowledge of basic safety compliance to build a culture of safety
- A hands-on builder and organizer who knows “how to make things run”
- Have built and organized clean, safe, and welcoming engineering workspaces
- Comfortable with a wide range of equipment: hand tools, mill, lathe, power tools, laser cutter, etc
- Possess a natural instinct to creatively connect with and support those around you
- Enjoy leading trainings, education, and empowering others to build great things
- Can implement and communicate best practices for safety standards
- Can independently make good decisions, solve problems, and prioritize needs
- Knowledgeable in wood, metal, and plastics fabrication
- Excited to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent work ethic and willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Curious and ready to learn whatever you don’t already know
- Degree in engineering or technical field
- Experience in fabrication or construction
- Familiar with OSHA compliance
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.