Director, Product Manager - Payments
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? If so, you are a Toaster.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale and restaurant platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The product management team works hand in hand with the engineering development team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
On the product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
- Managing, mentoring, recruiting, and retaining top product management talent
- Learn the Toast platform and become a product expert
- Investigate and pursue strategic payment partnerships and expansion strategies
- Problem solve in the areas of fraud prevention, processing standards and compliance, revenue and cost optimization, and vendor negotiations
- Managing software release planning and feature priorities and backlogs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
- Collaborate with other engineering and product directors
- Communicating relevant payment product metrics to the executive team
- 8 or more years of product management experience within e-commerce, on-premise payment processing, or consumer payments
- Experience in launching new payment products including EMV and NFC payment technology
- Proven attention to detail, ability to drill down on data, and be relentless in pursuit of solving problems
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Experience with development on mobile platforms and technologies
- Experience working with remote engineering and product employees