Director, Media Buying
TripAdvisor’s growing Marketing team seeks an experienced media buyer to help define strategy and execute on global TV media buying.
TripAdvisor is the largest global travel web site, and has a leading position in global TV travel advertising. We are also one of the largest global advertisers online, looking to define coordinated media campaigns across both online and offline channels. We add elements of brand marketing into fundamentally performance-driven campaigns, and we use a very measurement-intensive, data-centric approach to understanding our return on ad spend and to optimize both the media and the creative in our campaigns.
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience both with direct media buying, and working with performance-oriented agencies for predominantly online companies. Experience with online video media buying would be a plus, though not required.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and manage relationships with cable and broadcast networks, building on your existing relationships.
- Manage day-to-day buying, working with our TV measurement team to understand and optimize campaign performance
- Define media strategy, including budgeting and definition of metrics and goals.
- Communicate on media strategy with our marketing and executive leadership teams.
- Help refine our data-centric approach to media buying and optimization.
- Build and manage a team of media planner/buyers.
- 7-10 years of experience with TV media buying, both working directly with cable and broadcast networks and with performance-oriented media agencies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience buying direct response TV media (DRTV, scatter/remnant and fixed).
- Solid quantitative skills, preferably including analytic work experience and/or a bachelors or masters degree in a quantitative area.
- Rolodex of US networks and network owner groups with whom you have personal relationships.
- Some experience buying media for performance-based TV advertising with brand impact goals; ability to combine creative and analytical mindsets for highly effective marketing
- Knowledgeable and well-versed in current industry trends
- Detail-oriented, efficient project management skills
- Experience managing small teams, with 3-10 direct reports
- Clear communicator
- Comfortable in a collaborative, performance-oriented work environment
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.