Director, Data Integrity
Data and content integrity is critical to the growth of CarGuru’s expanding global business. CarGurus is looking for a Director, Data Integrity, to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the data and content on the CarGurus platform and to drive our fraud detection and mitigation strategies. This position reports to the SVP, Product, and will lead a team of content analysts, fraud analysts, and investigators to support our rapidly-expanding base of consumers and dealers.
In this role, the Director, Data Integrity, will ensure accuracy of our data by introducing innovative new ways to detect and deter fraudulent reviews, mitigate the impact to our user community, and proactively prevent fraudulent content. In addition, the Director will ensure the accuracy and completeness of our extensive vehicle and dealer data and taxonomies.
The Director will work with his or her team to ensure content reports and service issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in leading a content-integrity organization, improving fraud processes, and implementing best practices.
- Recruit and manage a team of data analysts, content analysts, and data classifiers to ensure all content and data issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Thoroughly and efficiently investigate content (e.g. consumer reviews, vehicle listings, user profiles, etc.) that may violate policy, and where appropriate provide support to address the issues
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop tools to identify and surface questionable user and dealer activity such as policy violations and fraud
- Develop processes to scale the enforcement of content policies across CarGurus various dealer and consumer products
- Ensure consistent content and data policy administration and alignment across the CarGurus organization
- Serve as an internal policy expert for our global Sales teams
- Perform data analysis to inform decisions, to identify trends, and to track team progress, leading to actionable insights to improve process and ensure data and content quality
- Communicate the overall performance of fraud strategies and associated activities to the leadership team and other relevant stakeholders.
- 5-10 years of content and data management, fraud detection, or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, and develop a team of content analysts, data analysts, and fraud specialists
- Customer-service mindset and the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal colleagues, external customers, and business partners
- Passion for data quality and understanding of the tools and techniques to enable it
- Proficiency in fraud detection tools and techniques
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a knack for explaining complex concepts in an intuitive way
- Proven ability to identify new areas of opportunity and invent policies or processes to address those opportunities using expertise in disciplines such as business analysis, process engineering, and software development
- Good sense of humor and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment