Director of Brand Marketing
At CarGurus, we aspire to become no less than the leading and most trusted car shopping site in the world. As Director of Brand Marketing you will play a pivotal role in making that happen. Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Marketing, you will be responsible for building the CarGurus brand into a household name through innovative, creative and cost-effective consumer marketing programs. You will be responsible for refining and communicating our brand message across the site and a broad range of paid and owned marketing channels to build consumer awareness, trial and loyalty for the CarGurus brand and you will continuously measure the impact of those programs to optimize the effectiveness of our brand marketing effort.
- Drive brand awareness and cost-effective top of funnel traffic by continually identifying, testing, and scaling new brand marketing channels.
- Measure the success of brand marketing programs – both direct and as an influence on the scale and efficiency of our overall conversion funnel.
- Lead refinement and evolution of the CarGurus brand story.
- Lead efforts to integrate branding into the CarGurus site experience to increase memorability and brand affinity for the 20 million + customers who visit the site each month. Integrate strong brand messaging while being ever mindful of the importance of site performance.
- Lead our content marketing strategy to drive awareness, engagement and customer retention
- Nurture brand engagement and advocacy through social media
- Lead CarGurus creative development efforts, building an in-house team and leveraging external agency resources where appropriate
- Manage budget, build processes and team to deliver on all of the above
- 10+ years of comparable marketing experience, preferably for recognized, high-growth consumer internet brands.
- Demonstrated success in driving ROI from brand marketing channels, including but not limited to TV, radio, social media and online video
- Deep expertise in effective brand storytelling
- Superior analytic skills and expertise in measuring the success of online, offline and non-traditional marketing programs.
- Exceptional skill in building and developing high-performance teams
- Strong familiarity with emerging digital and social media marketing channels and an innate curiosity to keep up with new marketing trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong team player that works well in collaborative situations.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- BS/BA from a top school required; MBA a plus