Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Trainer (Inbound Professor)
HubSpot Academy’s inbound professors focus on enabling the success of the marketing and sales community using inbound concepts and the HubSpot Growth Stack software.
Professors teach the theory and practice of inbound using blended learning methods and modular content formats. These include videos (live and recorded), tests, customer stories, customer examples, video broadcasts, user guides, blog posts, companion learning resources, presentations, and office hours.
Professors are responsible for maintaining their subject matter knowledge of inbound, the HubSpot Growth Stack, and the topics in which they are continuously developing their expertise.
Professors need to keep their HubSpot software expertise at a high level and understand how customers might use the software to achieve their goals. Professors are required to develop relationships with the product team to provide insights and guidance for product development. Professors are also responsible for developing external relationships with experts as well as master practitioners.
HubSpot Academy has built a strong support structure to help you execute your responsibilities and the content you own with excellence. You’ll be working with the team’s content manager, content editor, L&D specialist, web designer, video producer, and video editor.
This position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and requires some travel.
The Conversion Rate Optimization Professor will have ownership of and be responsible for the continuous creation, improvement, and innovation for the following long-form and short-form content:
- Maintain and develop Academy’s educational content for all things CRO.
- Collaborate with the conversions product team to align training and guide product development.
- Interface with the services team to develop CRO training to help our customers achieve their desired results.
- Develop relationships with CRO industry experts and master practitioners.
- Teach and coach other team members how to use these areas of the HubSpot product.
- Regularly publish blog posts and other short-form text/video content related to your topics of expertise.
- Engage with the community, users, and customers via a multi-channel strategy.
- Embrace the team purpose and embody the team principles.
If you have any combination of experience from the list below, you may be a great fit for this position.
- Experience executing the inbound methodology (being Inbound certified is required).
- Experience using the HubSpot software (being HubSpot Marketing or Sales software certified is a plus).
- Experience executing a B2B/B2C conversion rate optimization strategy for an organization (ideally B2B).
- Presentation/public speaking experience.
- Formal teaching experience, at any age level.
- Experience creating content in multiple formats, including but not limited to blog posts, videos, and slide decks.
These skills must be mastered to allow for innovation and career growth in this role.
- Learn and execute the HubSpot Academy team’s systems.
- Communication skills (oral, visual, and written).
- Develop and improve existing learning assets (backwards plans, script writing, slidedeck building, test creation, and video recording).
- Blog writing, creating Academy project templates, in-person and live public speaking, online training and workshops, and new formats as the team continues to test and develop them.
- Project management planning and execution.
- A careful attention to detail.