DigitalOcean empowers developers to build great software - faster. Over 50,000 teams around the world rely on DigitalOcean to run their company's application workloads. From servers that scale up in seconds to solutions for high availability, data storage, security, and networking, developers rely on us to uncomplicate their infrastructure. With DigitalOcean, users can run distributed SaaS applications, process and analyze datasets, automate testing their code, and deploy open source monitoring and logging tools.
As a communications manager you will be responsible for supporting all communications efforts across the company. This includes creating internal processes, managing the company’s external perception, promoting our open source efforts, and helping to support the company’s PR programs in different geographies.
This role requires experience in developer and community relations, technology PR, communications and writing. You must be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to all levels in an IT firm, from a CTO to an architect to a developer. Passion, curiosity, technical depth, and excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Helping to manage public relations efforts in multiple geographies
- Drafting content for PR campaigns including press releases, case studies, bylined articles and pitches
- Working with internal teams across the organization to streamline communications processes
- Authoring or editing content that comes for company stakeholders
- Engaging with our social media team to amplify its efforts across the communications campaign
- Managing communications efforts around product launches
- Making recommendations on how/when to promote company news and other milestones
- Liaising with team members focused on community and developer relations to amplify themes and align PR program with these initiatives
- Contributing to the company blog
- Working with analysts, managing speaker opportunities and submitting the company for awards
- Working with executives to produce compelling content for speaking opportunities
- Working with customers to develop case studies and other promotional materials
What We'll Expect From You:
- Manager level communications and PR experience
- Technical background with the ability to engage with software developers is mandatory
- Knowledge of community management, developer relations and/or open source is mandatory
- Expert at consensus building
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - highly self motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience with high pressure environments and occasional short turnaround times
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.