Does clunky copy make you cranky? Are you one of those people who enjoys — like, really enjoys — editing pieces to make them easier to digest, more fun to read, and more likely to share? Have you worked with writers and offered constructive feedback in the past, happily seeing their content improve over time? Do you enjoy working in a team environment to create engaging content ideas, and can you hit deadlines to execute them? Are you interested in helping brands increase their reach by telling their stories — not selling them products?
Awesome. Come join our team.
Skyword is seeking an individual with 1-3 years of copy editing experience to join our editorial team in support of our clients’ content marketing programs. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, with meticulous copy editing skills, strong research skills and the ability to edit B2B and B2C topics for a variety of clients. Under the management of the Editorial Manager, the Associate Editor will be responsible for editing articles in a range of programs, using both Chicago and AP styles.
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing organization with significant opportunity for advancement. This position is located in our Boston, MA office.
Using Skyword’s proprietary publishing platform, you will:
- Edit content produced by Skyword's freelance contributors for style, grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling, and search engine optimization
- Modify content to clarify meaning, to conform to a client’s editorial style guidelines, and to align with a client’s brand voice
- Provide editorial feedback and revision requests to writers in order to strengthen each piece and ensure they meet the assignment brief and content guidelines
- Organize and prioritize clients according to agreed-upon deadlines
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Knowledge of both The Chicago Manual of Style and the AP style guide
- Ability to adapt to specific editorial styles depending on client needs
- Ability to be flexible with priorities, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Experience editing at high volumes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver constructive feedback to writers effectively
- Self-starter approach to work with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- A strong editorial instinct, and creative approach to content
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a high-energy office environment
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture
- Solid references
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- This is not an entry-level position. At least one to three years of professional editing experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary; medical, dental, life, 401k and disability insurance plans; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays and an open, friendly work environment.
Skyword moves brands – and their content – forward. By embracing a sustainable, scalable approach to original storytelling, Skyword liberates brands from ineffective marketing practices and inspires them to create deeper connections with their customers. With a powerful combination of enterprise-class technology, authentic voices, and professional services, Skyword propels clients’ content marketing programs to new levels of excellence. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Palo Alto, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, New York City and Miami.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.